New Course Player Feedback - Change Session Enrollment: Show times

• 3 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Not sure if this belongs here, but we recently setup an ILT course with 5 sessions (one event per session). Learners only have to attend one session/event. We have found that after the initial enrollment is complete, if they need to change sessions, the popup only shows the date and the “time zone math” -- not the time of the session/event. I confirmed this with support and the work arounds are to either force unenrollment and re-enrollment, which honestly I think would cause more confusion, or I came up with just adding the times to the name of the session. This is ok, but still requires the learner to do time zone math. Any other ideas? 

Pic # 1 -- no session/event times showing

Pic #2 -- I added the times manually to the name of the session

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @katie.colaianni - We do that too, add the event date and time in the session name. Upon enrolling to the new session, learners should see the event time zone set-up in the Event and their local time.

Hi @jlreonal, thanks for confirming what you do as well. I think this is an ok workaround but we have already heard complaints from our learners about doing time zone math to determine what that time means for them -- and to be fair, we have employees all around the world, so I totally get it. This seems like a huge miss to me to not have the platform smart enough to give them the session/event time in their selected time zone when making the change. I hope this gets updated!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @jlreonal, thanks for confirming what you do as well. I think this is an ok workaround but we have already heard complaints from our learners about doing time zone math to determine what that time means for them -- and to be fair, we have employees all around the world, so I totally get it. This seems like a huge miss to me to not have the platform smart enough to give them the session/event time in their selected time zone when making the change. I hope this gets updated!

I totally agree!

You can vote this idea about the time display in ILT:

Session Day and Session Time in Drop-down when selecting a session | Community (docebo.com)

Userlevel 2

Agreed having the system display the local time zone would be useful. What would be much more useful would be for the time of the event to be displayed. I do not understand why the date and time zone are listed but not the actual start time of the event. If there are multiple sessions on the same day, something we do quite often. The user has to click into each session to learn the session time. We use the workaround of naming our sessions to include start times. But this is a clunky method and I don’t understand why this is something that has to be asked for. This isn’t enhanced functionality, it’s basic. What’s even the point of showing the time zone if the time isn’t shown?

Good morning,This situation has just happened to us.Does this mean that even if I choose the time zone of the production location, the time displayed is not the local time?Thank you for your insight.