Question

Mimic Teams/Slack

• 4 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there any functionality for communicating with ILT attendees in a back and forth chat fashion?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Not quite sure I follow. Do you mean native to docebo? In an iLT you can connect/add any number of platforms or link to anything and then it into a ViLT, but the third party platform you are connecting to facilitates the abilities. Teams, slack, zoom, Adobe connect, etc. you use that platform and just provide a link to it to facilitate. Am I misunderstanding the request here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

If you are talking about Teams, you can put a link in your course to a channel in Teams really easily. Then just direct people to converse there, and you can pin a link back to the course in the top of the channel to get back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you are talking about Teams, you can put a link in your course to a channel in Teams really easily. Then just direct people to converse there, and you can pin a link back to the course in the top of the channel to get back.

But it’s an ILT, why wouldn’t you just use the team meeting as the chat instead of a channel?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

But it’s an ILT, why wouldn’t you just use the team meeting as the chat instead of a channel?

We wouldn’t because we try to keep everyone in as few systems as possible. As a company, all our chat communication is in Teams. We even strongly discourage email internally. To have people chat in Docebo also creates an exception to our normal workflow that we don’t want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We wouldn’t because we try to keep everyone in as few systems as possible. As a company, all our chat communication is in Teams. We even strongly discourage email internally. To have people chat in Docebo also creates an exception to our normal workflow that we don’t want.

I don’t think you are following or I am misunderstanding. In an ILT type session in Docebo, you can select a virtual tool, or put a link in to launch into. Teams is a choice you can use, and have it launch into a teams meeting, where the chat would be within the meeting and within you’re instance, keeping it all together, but using built in Docebo tools to facilitate the coming/going/attendance and records. While you could snag a channel link and direct link this with the custom type field, if using teams I would think you’d want the chat connected to the meeting within teams so that it stays grouped appropriately within the users teams app?