Best Answer

Annual Refresher Notifications

• 17 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Good morning all,

There are two parts to this question

i - How can I get the system to prompt users to renew their course completion exactly 12 months from the specific date they last completed it?

ii - How can I ensure there is a historic record for every completion on the same course shell?

Would be extremely grateful for any suggestions made

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 18 March 2024, 18:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sounds like you'll want to have a look at the “Certifications and Retraining” app. This comes with the ability to set a annual refresh date and have notifications go out to users to let them know they have to renew their courses x days before the expiry + another that can go out after the certification has expired. 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020083240-Managing-the-Certifications-and-Retraining-App

If you want to make sure to preserve the historical completions, you’ll want to opt out of using the option that allows users to retake the same courses as within the app with it will reset all users; instead, use the enrolment archiving which will preserver the data and allow you to reset the user progress.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/11521889929490-Archiving-enrollments-for-recurrent-training

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Learn101- a heads up as you develop your use case. You may find corners with your approach and with what @lrnlab is describing. Bring them to the thread so we can help cover what can and cannot be done.

@lrnlabcovered a critical one for example:

If you want to make sure to preserve the historical completions, you’ll want to opt out of using the option that allows users to retake the same courses as within the app with it will reset all users.

Heed the warning - there are gotchas left and right with this one that have had folks write and describe how they leverage the system to support what they want to achieve with recertification.

(Current state, you cannot auto-archive enrollments and fully support “roaming multiple attempts” with your web based trainings). That means that will be your corner #1 with historical data within the same course shell without some level of finessing how you will manage your historical records).

Thank you @lrnlab and @dklinger! We’ll be focussing on this, this month so will go through everything I can from others’ findings on the platform