Best Answer

End object marker for more materials?

• 20 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone, I’m creating courses with four videos as training materials, however the course can be completed just by watching 2 of them (not random, but 2 specific videos).

As far as I know, the end object marker works only on 1 item, so If I put it on both, the users will complete the course just by watching 1 of these two videos.

Is it possible to set the completion of both as the requirement for completing the course?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 20 March 2024, 19:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Can you force one to be a prerequisite of the other and make the ‘other’ one the End Object marker?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The end object marker only works a single object in the course, not many. When you make more than 1 object the marker, the user can complete either and get credit for completing the course. The option suggested by @JeanetteMcVeigh may be your best bet.

I can put one as pre-requisite but as the two videos are about different unlinked topics I was wondering if there was any other mean to “avoid” this solution.

Thanks anyway for the answers and for the help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Well, these topics must be linked somehow to be in the same course...so maybe merge the two videos into one and make that one the End Object...obviously changing the title of the new video to reflect the two topics included?  Just another thought. Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you could try an organize you content in folders and perhaps name them in a way to direct your users to complete one or the other. This was you can make both videos completion markers with the hop that your users will only follow a single route.