Best Answer

Google Calendar Calendar Invite

• 4 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi there!

We added a link in our email notification template using [calendar_attachment] for participants to add the ILT session to their Google Calendar. However, once the user clicks to add this, we are receiving calendar invite acceptance emails to our admin email. Is there a way to disable the notification for the reply? Normally this wouldn’t be an issue but we are getting a lot of these as people go to add them to their calendar for each session. Thanks so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 4 November 2022, 18:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @rachelmrose that’s an email function and not related to Docebo...you should just create a rule that moves those emails into a separate folder on arrival...at least this wont bog down your mailbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I can’t access Google stuff with my Docebo account unfortunately to know if there is a response setting to adjust, but as a work around could you create a filter in the admin box to just auto move to a folder or delete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @rachelmrose that’s an email function and not related to Docebo...you should just create a rule that moves those emails into a separate folder on arrival...at least this wont bog down your mailbox.

Ah, I wish this community was in a realtime setup….opened a few tabs and didn’t refresh before entering….

I can’t access Google stuff with my Docebo account unfortunately to know if there is a response setting to adjust, but as a work around could you create a filter in the admin box to just auto move to a folder or delete.

Hi @Bfarkas , do you know if it is feasible to utilize the [calendar_attachment] short code across all courses, or is its usage restricted to ILT sessions? Thank you, in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge

All the calendar export and sync options work great for google calendars and aweful for every other program.

When you export there is no consistency between exporting from the user calendar widget and a course or ILT calendar. Also if you sync to a calendar it comes over with the internal Docebo course ID number instead of the course name.

Again works fine in google, in outlook you get a calendar called 127 ( or some other number) with no ability to rename it. 

I get that full Outlook integration is a paid option, but I don’t want or need that. I just need a .ics file that is going to display correctly in outlook and icloud.