Best Answer

Pre-filtered Catalog in a Catalog widget

• 24 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Throwing this out there in case anyone has any ideas. 

Currently, we can point someone to a catalog that is pre-filtered, but in an effort to reduce the number of clicks someone has a take to access a training, is there anyway to have an already filtered catalog display on a page in a widget? 

I was playing around with the possibility of using the iFrame widget, but that would confuse learners. 

I am also trying to avoid creating a whole bunch of new catalogs, hence why I was playing with filtering our existing catalogs.

icon

Best answer by steveninfinger 24 February 2022, 15:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just to confirm I’m reading this the right way, you’re asking if you can do the prefiltered catalog within a widget on a page?

If that’s correct, then yes, you should be able to create the custom page, add the catalog widget, go to the live page, filter to get the results you want (in my image below I searched for the word reports), and the URL for the page will add on the filter pieces, so if you can see it my URL now has ctl197=se-reports at the end. You should be able to copy the URL and paste it where ever you want people to click on it then get to that custom page with the widget filtered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ahhhhh, thank you sooooo @steveninfinger much for showing this to me!  And it works even if there are multiple filtered catalogs on a page! So many happy tears right now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

:laughing:  glad to help and that it works!

As possible bartering of knowledge, I might have name dropped you to my Administrator to discuss a waitlist situation that we’re curious if any other EXE clients has experiencing.

@Donald.Watson meet @Annarose.Peterson. We can start a new post so other EXEers can see and it’s not hidden here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Donald.Watson !  

Yes that would be great!  I just spoke with a colleague about waitlists on ILTs!