Best Answer

Why can't i figure out how to assign a category to question in the Question Bank??

• 7 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi all.

I’m having a surprisingly frustrating time trying to assign questions to Question Categories in the Question Bank. I can easily create questions & i can easily create Categories. But even after reading the Knowledge Bank article on the Question Bank I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect the two. This really seems like something i should not have to ask about in here, but I really don’t know how else to get this information, so I’m hoping someone can tell me what I’m missing.

Thanks,
Nate

icon

Best answer by jmkachidurian 7 June 2023, 18:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Nate:

I always add the category from the dropdown when I create the question as shown here: 

You can also add the category when editing the question after it’s built. 

Are you seeing something different when you create a new question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have you created your categories first?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @jmkachidurian 

Okay, I didn’t notice that at first & there does not seem to be a way to retroactively add a category. i’ll just have to remember to do this each time...Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @lrnlab 

Yes, I had created the categories first but i had not noticed, as @jmkachidurian has just pointed out, that I have to add the item to a category at the time of creation. I thought i would be able to add it retroactively, but apparently that’s not an option…

thanks for your input!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @lrnlab 

Yes, I had created the categories first but i had not noticed, as @jmkachidurian has just pointed out, that I have to add the item to a category at the time of creation. I thought i would be able to add it retroactively, but apparently that’s not an option…

thanks for your input!

you should able to add when you edit the question...if you cant, it may be that the question is in use and cannot be edited? Did you created your categories first? If not that field does not appear.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

ah, so you’re right @lrnlab .

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@NateC glad you found it...you had me doubting what I saw...lol...