Zoom V3 server error message while creating events

• 22 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m experiencing issues with ILT creation using Zoom. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the updated course page? I was able to set up multiple events before upgrading and now, even if my Zoom V3 shows it is paired, when I try to set up new events, I always get a server error once I choose the event host and can’t get access to the templates created for the webinar. 

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@dr.reinhardt  - Are you choosing a meeting/webinar type that matches the Zoom licensing that you have at your organization? When we first set up Zoom v3, I remember I selected Webinar and received an error. When I contacted my IT team, they confirmed that I didn’t have a license to use webinars (just meetings) and that was what was generating the error. They upgraded me and I no longer received the error.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for your help, Jennifer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yup echo what @JKolodner says...we are in the process of setting it up and found this:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/11206175970194#01H7FVS007TZX8JQKGY3TA8E94

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 3

Hi All, 

In speaking with Docebo tech support recently, we understand there are several issues impeding the ability to create events at the moment. They suggested we revert to using Zoom V2 for the time being. It appears they are looking into a longer terms solution, Our ticket revolved around the required passcode from being accepted either by using the autogenerated option or our own. The following is the response in part that I received: 

This issue you are facing when clicking auto generate password alongside the data from the HAR file does meet the criteria for an ongoing development team investigation. We are currently aware of this and its being actively worked on.

I have been given additional information in regards to this investigation. Our development team has pivoted this investigation into what we call an "DOC". The reason for this is many other features with Zoom V3 are connected to this same server error, in short, multiple issues are causing this server error, not just the password. The unfortunate news is DOC tasks do take traditionally more time to investigate then other development team investigations and there is unfortunately no ETA on a fix. However, I am personally checking in on this DOC task daily.

In the meantime we have been informed to recommend that for now you utilize Zoom V2 if you are in need of hosting Zoom meetings for your ILT courses.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Please be careful when going from V3 to V2. We did this when we first put V3 into action and encountered significant errors. We received many warnings about going backwards. Make sure you get your Zoom team in touch with Docebo if you haven’t already so they can discuss the issues.

Userlevel 3

Specifically for our group, we have only been testing Zoom V3, we have not implemented it broadly. It didn't make sense for us until we were able to test through any of the scenarios we could think of.

That being said, I highly recommend reading the Zoom documentation before moving in either direction

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Trying again today and am getting a bunch of server errors and when I think I’mn done setting it up, it just hangs and never actually creates the event...Zoom v3 total bust!

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are likely going to just use the Custom Tool option going forward. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We finally got it working...one of the main things I learned is do NOT touch the password field. The auto-generate PW does not work and if you try to enter it manually, the event cannot be created; Server Error.